CIAWA contributes funding to the national Association, the CRVA, as do the other State Associations for the benefit of all stakeholders in the industry.
As the Western Australian peak industry body we also undertake research on behalf of our Members, in most cases we try to ensure that this information is available to all those in the industry, we list that research here.
In some instances where we have provided funding for templates that can be used by our Members we restrict access to that information for the benefit of our Members, that information can be found under our Members tab and accessed through the user name and password specific for each Member.
A national paper has recently been released that looks at the impact a commercial Caravan Park operator has on a local government level, the full report is available and a one page fact sheet is helpful for Local Councillors and staff to see a snapshot of the financial benefits a Caravan Park has to the local community.
We fully encourage our Members to use this research in discussing issues that they face in dealing with non compliant camping.
- Caravan_park_and_self-contained_traveller_sector_in_Western_Australia_Oct 2013
- Economic Value of a Caravan Park to a Local Council Area – BDO Report 2012
- Caravan Park Economic Benefit Study Fact Sheet
- Industry Benchmark Fact Sheet
- Industry Benchmarking Report Haeberlin Consultants
- Spending Patterns Commercial & Non Commercial Campers
- Commercial Campers Spend Patterns Study Fact Sheet
- Caravanning and Camping Snapshot 2011
- A Strategic Approach to the Caravan and Camping Industry 2012
- Understanding the Caravan Park Industry in WA 2007
- Understanding Caravan Parks – Fast Facts for Local Government
- Understanding the Caravan Park Industry – Fast Facts for Caravan Park Operators
- Free Camping Risk Fact Sheet
- CIAWA Geraldton RV Submission
For more general information on research into the tourism industry, please visit: